Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January technology thoughts

Ted Laandgraf gave a great talk today in the Twigg-Smith Pavilion.

Here are some of the highlights:

iTunes U and D E Streaming are new ways to get free videos for the students. It's interesting how searchable it is, but I wonder about the quality.

Atomic Learning seems like an interesting place to visit, but I've sort of avoided it so far. The username is punahou and the password is aloha. Easy to find the right tutorial. Somehow when I need to figure out how to do something, I never think of it.

"tooble" is a way to find YouTube content and download the movies as a file. That sounds really awesome and useful. Check it at tooble.tv

Another topic was digital video cameras. We have 6 DV cams available.

We have a new wiki and blog server at Punahou. Collaborative tool; share files and movies:

wiki.punahou.edu/groups/

Thanks Ted!